The 16th European Contemporary Art Fair in Strasbourg met with a resounding success, confirming its status in France as the top-ranking Fair outside Paris.
On an artistic level, 2011 most definitely outshone all previous events since the Fair was launched 16 years ago. The number of visitors remained stable with nearly 25,000 visitors welcomed, i.e. approximately 4% up compared to 2010.
The galleries all agree that this year the visitors came more from professional walks of life, with ever more art lovers and buyers. Particularly on the preview evening when just under 5,000 guests visited the Fair.
From year to year, ST-ART has refined the quality of its selection, both in terms of the exhibitions and the galleries as a whole.
- the “5 private collections from Strasbourg” exhibition in particular displayed what art collectors go for and opened the door to jealously guarded private collections;
- the presence of newcomers such as gallery owners Jean Brolly, Paris, Bernard Jordan, Paris, Jordan/
Seydoux, Germany and Michael Woolworth, Paris, etc.;
- and the ever loyal backing of galleries such as Jean-Pierre Arnoux, Pascal Gabert, Yves Iffrig, Jean-Pierre Ritsch Fisch, Paola Forni, Sala Pares, Capazza and Laurent Strouk;
- the strong Spanish element;
- and a more streamlined presentation by all the stands;
all contributed to enhancing the quality of the 2011 Fair.
Business was deemed to be satisfactory in view of the economic climate. The number of sales was as high as in 2010, with over 900 artworks sold or signed for, which represents an average of 10 artworks per gallery.
7 place Adrien Zeller BP 256 R7
FR 67007 STRASBOURG Cedex
From 23 to 26 November 2010
23 November: 11 p.m – 21 a.m
24 November: 11p.m – 20 a.m
25 November: 11 p.m – 20 a.m
26 November: 11 p.m – 19 a.m£
Thursday 22th of November (on invitation).
Du 23 au 26 novembre 2012
Vendredi 23 novembre : 11h – 21h
Samedi 24 novembre : 11h – 20h
Dimanche 25 novembre : 11h – 20h
Lundi 26 novembre : 11h – 19h
Jeudi 22 novembre 15h – 22h (sur invitation)