|NEWS: Conner Contemporary Art|
| SUMMER exhibition schedule:|
- Janet Biggs: Nobody Rides for Free
- Mary Coble: Source
through July 3, 2010
- Academy 2010: Decade
The 10th anniversary of our annual MFA / BFA invitational
July 10 - August 21, 2010.
> Summer EVENTS:
>> (e) MERGE: panel discussion and party for emerging artists ... Saturday, July 31st - 4 to 8pm.
The panel will discuss ways emerging artists can form communities in a global art world.
co-sponsored by MARVIN Restaurant and PINK LINE Projects.
- The Rubell Family Collection and Conner Contemporary Art continue to partner for EXPERIMENTAL VIDEO - a series of events featuring digital based work - curated by Brandon Morse in the Capitol Skyline Hotel lounge:
>> EXPERIMENTAL VIDEO (5) << - August 8th: 6 to 8pm; in conjunction with
WPA / Washington Project for the Arts Synchro Swim.
FALL 2010 / WINTER 2011
- September / October: 3 solo exhibitions - John Kirchner, John Stark, Susan MacWilliam
- November / December: Avish Khebrehzadeh
- January / February: 2 solo exhibitions - Brandon Morse, Cordy Ryman.
We are pleased to announce the representation of Coble/Riley Projects; the terrific team of Mary Coble and Blithe Riley. to view work: CLICK HERE
> SELECT EXHIBITIONS + REVIEWS:
- Artnet.comCharlie Finch. "White on White review. READ IT HERE
- Vantage Point IX: Janet Biggs, The Mint Museum of Art, Charlotte, NC, curated by Carla Hanzel, opens November 5, 2010. catalog
- Janet Biggs - survey, Tampa Museum of Art, Tampa, FL, fall 2011. traveling
- Bilen i våra hjärtan!, Konstmuseet, Skövde, Sweden, through August 29, 2010
- Dean Kessmann: Recent Work, Orlando Museum of Art, July 1, 2010 - August 1, 2010
- The Dissolve, SITE Santa Fe Biennial, Santa Fe, New Mexico, curated by David Belasco and Sarah Lewis. June 18, 2010 - January 2, 2011. catalog
- The Tattoo Show, The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Center, New York, NY, through September 8 th.
- catalog forthcoming: Anyone Other Than Me, essay by Jamie L. Smith, Ph. D. summer 2010.
- catalog forthcoming: It's Always Darkest Before Dawn, essay by Eric C. Shiner, Milton Fine Curator, The Andy Warhol Museum, Powerhouse Books: spring 2011
- abstract abstract - the systematized world, NODE10 Festival, Frankfurter Kunstverein, November 15 - 20, 2010
ERIK THOR SANDBERG
- Humanimal, Portsmouth Museum of Art, Portsmouth, NH, July 21 - October 3, 2010
- Meditations, Poland Biennial, National Museum Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland, May 21 - August 8, 2010
- Surface magazine profile. READ IT HERE
- Leo Villareal: Recent Works, Tampa Museum of Art, Tampa, FL, through January 3, 2011
- Leo Villareal: survey, San Jose Museum of Art, San Jose, CA, curated by JoAnne Northrup, August 21, 2010 - January 9, 2011. traveling. catalog, 192 pgs. published by Hatje Cantz Verlag
- Synesthesia, Albuquerque Museum of Art, Albuquerque, NM, August 2010
For further information on Gallery artists + exhibitions email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Conner Contemporary Art is located in the historic Atlas / H Street corridor @
1358 Florida Avenue, NE - Washington, DC 20002.
SUMMER HOURS: Wednesday - Saturday: 10am-5pm.